Sunday, January 30, 2011

Rainbow Fruit Sticks....




Rainbow Fruit Sticks
All you need is a collection of colourful fruit and some skewers!  This is a great recipe to work on with your kids!  They can help with washing the fruit, cutting the fruit (if they have some knife skills!) and putting the fruit on the skewers!  We put ours on in a rainbow pattern so that makes it fun to follow the pattern! We like to use: Raspberries, Cantaloupe, Pineapple, Honeydew Melon & Blackberries to give the skewers a nice rainbow effect!
1. Wash your fruit and let dry a little so that they are easy to work with.
2. Arrange your fruit and skewer them in the same order.
3. Display your Rainbow Fruit Sticks on a platter and get ready for the compliments!

This week we also had the huge honour of guest blogging on the Dani Spies site (which is one of my favorites sites go check it out and I know it will become one of your favorites too!) http://www.danispies.com/ we made a colourful Eggplant Tomato Zucchini Gratin (thanks to our friend Marina for coming over and joining us in the kitchen)!  Dani has a section on her site called Kidbites that has lots of great recipes that everyone in your family will enjoy.
Happy Healthy Eating!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable!Hi there. stopping by from the I Love My Online Friends Monday Hop! I am following you! Please visit me at http://www.mommiesandbeyond.com and http://www.mommiescraftsandtreasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! My son would really like these -- he loves fruit and would like the idea of eating them off a stick -- so much more fun that way of course :-)

    I'm a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I want to eat one right now.

    ReplyDelete